Sunday, February 4, 2007

My First Day of Training - 4 mile

4 mile = 6.43 km.

Dan told me about Radley footpath that I can go on. It's really scenic, he said. I might as well give it a go! So just before the sunset, I told myself that I would head out. By 3, I was ready to run.

The track was not very good in the 1st half of the run. Muddy. Towards the end, it's on the road and tarred path. Overall, a good start. It's true about the scenary. It's beautiful, I can imagine how it would look like in autumn. I have included a series of pictures here. There is this big fallen tree Dan told me about. One complimentary farm pic for my dear Evan who would certainly miss called me a farm girl. In the pic, it says Peachcroft farm with a horsy gazing at the back, that's for you, my dearest ah beng ko! hehehe ...



1st, The foot path was really muddy and uneven.


2nd, the 1st bridge that I have to across. After this bridge, it's all uphill.



3rd, that's the border that I would be running. It's on top of the hill, with many oak trees... Just imagine in autumn with the leaves going oranges.


4th, this is the gate that mark the beginning of that stretch to Radley College.


5th, here's the stretch. Again, ground is soft and uneven. I felt my sock wet after this stretch of track


6th, at the end of that stretch, there was a sign saying that I cant run to the school, coz of the golf course. *Darn* Where can I go? Then I saw some footpath leading around the g course., decided to follow it.


7th, alongside the course.


8th, the condition is far worse!! I have to run through this twice, because it doesn't take me around, but away from the school. I headed back to the side of the golf course and tried to find my way there, the way Dan told me.


9th, this is the gold course i ran passed. You know like when you are doing something like trespassing, it's fear of getting caught. I saw someone from a distance, I was like shit, I'll get caught. Just move faster. Then the closer I get, I found out it was a lady with a pram, instead of a man with a lawn. *Relief*


10th, Yape this's the fallen oak Dan was telling me. It is beautiful. Huge too!


11th, Proof of me being there!! Behind me is the fallen tree.


12th, that's how my shoes looks like after that.


13th, Just want to add these in, as these weed flowers just sprouted from nowhere, surely not garden grown.


14th, the rest of the track was just on road ....


15th, ... and on good tarred path! Beyond the horizon, that's Peachcroft, where I live. It's finishing...


16th, here's the pic, specially for Evan. Ya, I am living in an area with farms ...


17th, almost there ... Lumberd Road, leading to my home!!


18th, Ahh ... Home sweet home ...

19th, my front door, and the side gate leading to the backyard. My duvet cover is being shinned. No I don't do it all the time, you seldom get the sun out like this.


20th, that's me, after washing up my shoes ... ready for my shower.

---End----

Time: 55 mins. I can do better. I need to try hard next time, but it's really cold.

No comments: