Tuesday, February 6, 2007

I got a Date fixed for Sepilok! But Problem ...

I called Travellers' Vicky today. I GOT a date: September to November 2008. that's the earliest they can slot me in, as the program is very very popular. To secure a place, I need to pay £90.00.

But they don't have any tie-up with New York Marathon or any charity organizations, as they are independent volunteering facilitator.

I was like, DAMN! What am I gonna do now? But I'll figure something.

The thing is you can only run with a charity. But I did found this travel agent that do let runners to get a place without fund raising, but they need to buy the whole package (travel and logging) from them. It's around £900.00.

If I were included that in, I need to raise close to £3700.00. That's more than double the normal fund need to be raised to get slot in the marathon. It may be pushing too much of the limit. I need to figure another way to do this.

No comments: