Thursday, June 14, 2007

Sunday's Melaka Gig

Last Sunday was a BLAST! Fantastic turnout in term of people and the money raised was £297.00

Eu-gene and Lau was the camera man and video man for the evening. More foot stage for the video would be coming up shortly.

It started out with people dining at the restaurant and having a scrumptious meal by the famous ex-Melati (Soho) chef. The bakar kambing is just too hard to resist!! I hope all of them actually order for that dish! We have two rounds of full house in the dining area and rolling of inflow of alcohol for the entire four hours. We are talking about table of minimum 4! 4 -8 peoples! I was surprised of the sit-on responses.

Of course this won’t have been a success without the awesome voice of Grace, the accompanying and incredible bass by Mel, the awesome Jamaican rhythm by Gerry or of course the irreplaceable pianist Adam when it comes to Grace voice!

Feedback is that people love it! Guess just need a reason to socialize and congregate with the love for Jazz. I am slowly living up to my pseudo-passion for Jazz, no that pseudo now.

Just want to thank everyone for your generous contribution. Do Spread the love. Incredibly I have a couple of people that have approached me expressing interest in organizing any of such social events. Now that couldn't have been any better! The more the merrier!

My next event is scheduled for July. Hopefully there would be sufficient time to put everything together.

So guys keep a look out ya! Any musicians wan to sing for charity, contact me. Any event organizers want to have some cheap thrill, contact me. Any new restauranteur (focusing on South East Asia cuisine) that want more publicity, contact me. In the name of charity - Orang Utan Conservation! Just send in your comments ya!

Below is the photos we have taken. I would be tagging on Facebook, so do email me if you don't know me personally, so that I can have your name tagged. Believe me, everyone want to know who you are! Keep it rolling!



















































No comments: